Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to:
- registration-related information (such as name, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, birth date, or gender);
- information about the products and services or other features made available on steewillknives.com that you use and how frequently you use them;
- personal financial and transaction-related information (such as credit or debit card numbers or other preferred means of payment, billing or shipping information, or a history of products and services purchased through www.steelwillknives.com);
- customer service information about you as a steelwillknives.com user;
- location data and other information about mobile devices used to access and interact with steelwillknives.com; or
- other information specifically related to your use of particular steelwillknives.com services or products.
From time to time we may supplement Personal Information collected on our website with information from other commercially available sources that we deem credible, such as business contact databases. This is to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect and help us provide a better service.
SMG, Inc. may also receive or collect certain technical information when you use our services. This may include: the type of browser or operating system you are using, your manner of connecting to the Internet and the name of your Internet service provider; your Internet protocol address; and data relating to computer malfunctions or problems occurring when you access www.steelwillknives.com or use our products or services.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We are very committed to protecting the privacy of your Personal Information. SMG Inc. wants you to know that:
We do not sell, rent or license your Personal Information to anyone unless you have granted us permission to do so. We use your Personal Information to provide services or products you may have requested, to respond to communications from you, and to help you use our products and services.
We may share your Personal Information within SMG, Inc., or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
We may also share your Personal Information with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested service, product or transaction, including processing and shipping orders, processing credit card transactions, and providing customer support, among other reasons. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete/provide the requested service, product or transaction, and the third parties are not permitted to use your Personal Information except for the limited purpose of completing/providing the requested service, product or transaction.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your Personal Information and other related information, if necessary. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims and use your Personal Information in this regard as appropriate.
Our Commitment to Security
We use the industry standard for Internet security, 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to ensure a secure link between our website and your computer. This allows all personal information to be transmitted securely during the checkout process.
All of our safeguards are reviewed and may be adjusted in response to advances in technology and the latest security threats.
You can manage the placement of cookies on your computer through the features found in most Internet browsers. You can also delete cookies that have already been placed on your computer. Consult the "Help" function of your browser to explore your options.
Links to Other Web Sites
The steelwillknives.com website and Steel Will brand products are not intended for minors. SMG, Inc. does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information on a child under the age of 16, we will delete that data from our systems. SMG, Inc. encourages parents and guardians to go online with their children. Here are a few tips to help make a child’s online experience safer:
- Teach children never to give Personal Information (such as name, address, phone number, school, etc.) unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult.
- Know the sites your children are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
- Look for website privacy policies and know how your child’s information is treated.
Please visit the FTC’s website for more tips on protecting children’s privacy online.
Questions or comments?