The Steel Will DOTS clip is used for fastening a compatible sheath to a belt or strap. The clip allows you to position the sheath at different carry angles, ensuring comfort and quick deployment of the knife.
The Steel Will DOTS clip is included with the following knife models: Steel Will Censor, Steel Will Adept, Steel Will Darkangel.
It is also compatible with other kydex or nylon Steel Will sheaths, including the following models: Steel Will Cager, Steel Will Argonaut, Steel Will Sentence.
Steel Will DOTS clip set includes:
1) Clip – 1 pc.
2) Screws – 3 pcs.
3) Rubber washers – 3 pcs.
4) Posts – 3 pcs.
Steel Will DOTS Clip Instructions
To open the clip, press the spring-loaded button located at the bottom of the clip. The button has a safety lock that prevents unintentional opening. To place the button in the lock position, slide the button to the side. To unlock the clip, do the reverse operation.
The inside of the clip contains an adjustable strip to ensure a snug fit with your belt. To adjust, remove the strip and install in a slot that corresponds to the width of your belt.
How to install the clip on a compatible sheath.
1) Select the desired angle and position you would like your knife and sheath. We recommend you install the clip as close as possible to the opening of the sheath.
2) Attach the clip to the sheath at your desired angle using the supplied hardware. The location of the holes on your sheath may not line up exactly with your chosen position. Please choose the hole closest to this position, slightly moving the clip until the holes line up.
3) Although the supplied installation hardware includes three sets of posts, screws, and rubber washers, only 2 sets are necessary for secure installation. The third set may be installed only in a few positions where all 3 holes line up. If not used, this hardware may be stored as a spare.
4) When installing the clip, the rubber washer should be placed between the clip and the sheath.
5) If the clip will primarily be used with a belt, we recommend installing the clip so that the articulating hinge faces up.
6) It is also recommended to position the screws on the inside of the clip and the posts on the outside of the sheath. This will reduce the risk of unintentional loosening of the screws.
7) If you do not plan on changing the position of the clip, you may use Loctite during installation (or similar thread lock solution).